Monday, May 17, 2010

Welcome to the Blogosphere!



Well Hello there Blogosphere how do you do?

I've done it, I have made the leap and started a blog!
So to those of you out there reading my first blog post, Hello, and thank you for stopping through:)
I have been contemplating what to write in this here first blog post to give you readers out there a good idea of what this blog will be all about.
I have decided the best way is to conduct a mini introduction interview hosted by Mr.Blogosphere himself who will be asking the tough questions and digging deep to get the "real me" exposed.
So let us begin!

Mr.Blogosphere: So Miss Amy May who are you and where do you come from?

Amy May: Well my birth given name is Amanda May, but my nickname is Amy and have been called both all of my life. Think of it as my stage name;) I am originally from the corn fed midwest city of St.Louis Missouri, but currently live a much more exciting life here in El Segundo CA.

Mr. Blogosphere: Hmmmm interesting, what is it you do?

Amy May: Well I do lots of things, but recently I spend a lot of my time working on my Etsy shop which I am really passionate about. So I am constantly making and designing items for my shop as well as photographing them, listing them all while trying to learn how to make my Etsy shop a successful Handmade Business:) If I am not working on things for my shop than I am usually doing other crafty things and learning new techniques, like machine and hand embroidery, quilting, dying yarn, dying fabric, mostly all things Fibers. And if my hands are not full of fabric yarn or thread, then I am biking, camping & hiking,

rock climbing,


snowboarding (which I dont get to do often)











walking on the beach, taking turbo kick boxing, pilates or boot camp classes at the gym (I love being active), and of course hanging out with my wonderful fiancee!

Mr.Blogosphere: What brings you here to the Blogosphere?

Amy May: I have been toying with the idea of starting a blog for many reasons. For one its a great way to keep track of what I am working on and share it with family and friends and anyone else who is interested, and its a great log for myself to look back on years from now and say "wow look at all the things I have done and how far I have come!". Secondly, I have always enjoyed writing and journaling, which I have not done in many years, so this is a good way for me to get back into the habit of writing down my thoughts, inspirations, dreams and goals. And being able to write to an audience (no matter how big or small) that can comment back makes it even better.

Mr.Blogosphere: What do you intend to write about on your blog?

Amy May: Well I intend to keep it mostly focused on my journey through making, crafting, and learning whether for fun or for my Etsy shop. I plan to share current projects personal and for my shop, business tips and advice, helpful info for all things Etsy and crafts, my inspirations, goals and dreams, inspirational artists and people, and lots of Tutorials and How-Tos!

Mr.Blogosphere: Well welcome to the Blogosphere Amy May!

Amy May: Thank you so much I am really excited to finally be doing this and sharing my love for Handmade with the world in such an intimate and interactive forum!

thank you-2

So if you love learning more about crafts and making things with your own two hands and are looking for some inspiration, then I encourage you to follow my blog and join me on my journey:)

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck on your new Blog and your Etsy Shop. You are also doing a great job at the knitting guild.

    Happy Knitting,
    ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aube:)

    Thank you Ana, I love reading your blog, you have been so many cool places!

    ReplyDelete