Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Blouse Continued + Shibori and Color Inspiration


She has a waist!
Now that I have the side seams and front mostly felted on my first blouse, its coming together quite nicely!
So far the fit seems good at the waist and front, so now I have to figure out the back and how to make that come together for a nice fit all the way around the waist.

Below is an upside down shot of the back now.  I love the way it looks as is, but am not really sure how it will look once its felted.  I kind of like how the silk looks all bunched and gathered but dont think I can keep that aesthetic with the felting.  Guess we'll see!


Shibori and Color Inspiration:
Yep it's time to start thinking COLOR, my favorite part!  I was doing an image search for Shibori the other day looking for some inspiration and found these beauties.

Shibori Borealis- by Margo

I found this lovely piece on the blog Her Majesty Margo who does some really amazing surface design with felt and fabric!
I love how the colors all blend and flow into each other, very reminiscent of water colors.  I am also really attracted to those shades of green lately, so beautiful!

Folded Currents - by Holly Brackmann


This piece really caught my eye, I wasn't even certain it was fabric.  I found this amazing piece from Holly Brackmann's website, make sure to check out the detail shot, incredible!

Although both pieces seem quite different, they both use similar colors to the color palettes I have been looking at lately for my practicum project.  I found these babies off of pintrest and just cant stop starring at them!


Love these for bursts of bright accents!
And I love these for neutrals!

It's almost time for me to throw the blouse in the dye pot...wonder which of these colors it will come out looking like...?
Guess you'll just have to stay tuned to find out:)

No comments:

Post a Comment